Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I Had A Plan Once

Once, I planned to write a post at least once a week for this blog. I picked the regular day and time more or less at random. It was Wednesday, 2:00 PM. Publishing and random ranty posts started to build around that, until I was posting new stuff every other day. Every day, a few times. And you know what? Most of it was complete crap. What do I really have to tell anyone of value? Not a lot, honestly. What works for me may very well not work for others. Besides, what matters in the end is the writing, right?

So I guess some small part of "the plan" is changing again. No more regular posts. Well, except for on Sundays when a new story is released. 

It's not that I have nothing to say. I probably could've had 2 months worth of blog posts scheduled right now if I was still going for that. But really, I feel like I have the basics of the craft figured out, now. I have a decent workflow. I am by no means done learning as a writer, nor will I ever be, but what I need to learn is personal and no one benefits from me writing about it here. No more ranting about wordcounts or random people.

Just my publishing. Whatever I release, and whatever is related to it. I considered talking about sales now and then, but that's really not interesting to anyone but me, either. I mean, I could write a super excited post about last week's sales being super high, highest ever so far, but that's sort of irrelevant for anyone else. So I won't. But I'm still really happy, because the sales -were- great. For me. 23 in one week. That's over 3 a day! That's huge, for me. Then again, my calculations say that I'll need at least 18-20 sales a day to make a living off my self-pub. It's a big step, but the road is long. I won't keep rambling.

Maybe I should do a monthly post about what stories are coming for the month? I'll consider it, at least. Maybe someone out there will appreciate knowing what's coming. I doubt I have people on the edge of their seats for a new Maria N. Lang release, but maybe someone will think "That sounds interesting, I'll totally buy that on the date and help Maria's rankings." 

Anyway. Thank you, readers, for sticking with me. At least you can expect less bullshit now, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment