Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What am I doing with this blog?

I sometimes ask myself that question, and lately, it has occurred to me that I write way too much compared to what I have to say, and compared, perhaps, to what I -should- say. Looking back at the time since I got back into things in February, I have been spitting out blog posts like crazy. And I think, at times, it was just about chasing clicks and views that didn't mean anything. It's like chasing likes on reddit or imgur. An ultimately pointless obsession that people nevertheless go nuts over.

So, I suppose what I'm saying is that I think I'll just calm down with the blog a bit. Sure, it was started as a sort of diary, but that isn't really its function anymore. It's half about preaching (Which I shouldn't be doing), and half about my new releases. It's an odd blend that doesn't work. So, I'm going to just calm down and post about what I publish. And if I really feel like I have something to post about other than writing and releasing stories, then I'll write an entry about it. But that'll be it.

To summarize: Expect fewer blog posts, but blog posts about stuff that actually matters. Book releases, stuff to do with me writing things that will be released.

No comments:

Post a Comment